- Won the bronze medal at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Named Best Setter at the 2015 FIVB World Cup as the U.S. Men won and qualified for the 2016 Olympic Games
- Named Best Server and Best Setter in his debut with the U.S. Men’s National Team at the 2013 NORCECA Continental Championship. He was also named to the all-star team
- In 2009, became the youngest setter ever to play for the United States in a world championship when he played with the U.S. Boys’ Youth Team at age 16
- DID YOU KNOW?
- Finished first among setters at the 2016 Olympic Games with 340 running sets and three faults in 31 sets (10.97 running sets per set). A running set is general defined as a set that puts a hitter against zero or one blocker.
- Was the starting setter for the U.S. Men as they won the 2014 FIVB World League and finished third in 2015
- Named Best Setter and Best Blocker at the 2015 NORCECA Champions Cup
- Named Best Setter and served as team captain as the 2012 U.S. Men's Junior Team won the NORCECA Men's Junior Continental Championship and qualified for 2013 FIVB U21 World Championship
- Four-year starter at USC. Three-year co-captain. Three-time AVCA All American (2012, 2014, 2015). Two-time winner of the Off The Block Lloy Ball Award (2014, 2015) presented to the nation's top men's collegiate setter
- Team captain of the U.S. Men's Junior National Team that finished fourth at the 2011 FIVB Men's Junior World Championship in Brazil.
- Was named AVCA and MPSF Newcomer of the Year after his freshman season at USC. Also an AVCA Second Team All-American
- 2011 Volleyball Magazine All-American first team, Volleyball Magazine Fab 50 list and Honolulu Star-Advertister All-State Player of the Year as a senior at Kamehameha-Kapalama High in Honolulu
- Played volleyball and basketball at Kamehameha High School. Led his teams to three state championship titles (basketball in 2009 and 2011, and volleyball in 2011) and played in a total of six state championship games
- Began playing club volleyball in 2005 with Asics Quicksilver
Men's Update: Micah in Italy
B.J. Hoeptner Evans (firstname.lastname@example.org) Oct. 14, 2016
Micah Christenson returns to his Italian team plus updates on other U.S. men competing overseas
25 Times Team USA Had The Most Precious Celebrations At The Rio Olympics
Sept. 14, 2016
See Team USA's most emotional medal celebrations from Rio 2016.
Russell Named to Rio Olympic Dream Team
B.J. Hoeptner Evans Aug. 22, 2016
U.S. players who won bronze finish Olympics among statistics leaders
Their Best at Last; U.S. Men Beat Russia for Bronze
B.J. Hoeptner Evans Aug. 21, 2016
Reid Priddy leads U.S. Olympic comeback from 0-2 to third-place finish
Back From The Brink, American Men Revel In Hard-Earned Volleyball Bronze
Nick McCarvel Aug. 21, 2016
After losing the first two sets, Team USA fought back and earned bronze over Russia for its first medal since '08.
Bronze is the New Gold for U.S. Men
B.J. Hoeptner Evans Aug. 19, 2016
U.S. Men will play for third place on Sunday after five-set loss to Italy
U.S. Men's Volleyball Team Falls To Italy In Olympic Semifinal
Associated Press Aug. 19, 2016
Team USA put up a fight, forcing the match to five sets; will now play for bronze.
Semi Sweet: U.S. Men Top Poland to Advance
B.J. Hoeptner Evans Aug. 17, 2016
U.S. becomes only country with men's and women's teams in Olympic semifinals
Team USA Cruises Into Men's Volleyball Semifinals With Three-Set Win Over Poland
Associated Press Aug. 17, 2016
The U.S. will face either Iran or Italy in the semifinals.
The Oracles of Volleyball: QFs are the most important match in the Olympics
Aug. 15, 2016
More Stories ›