Ski and Snowboard
EVENT - SNOWBOARD CROSS
HEIGHT 5'4" WEIGHT 140 lbs
- 2010 Olympic Winter Games
- 2008: Jeep King of the Mountain Champion
- 2007: U.S. SBX champion
- 2007: U.S. Junior National SBX Champion
- 2007: 3rd at World Cup in Furano, Japan
- 2007: 4th at Stoneham, Quebec, World Cup
- 2007: 8th at Junior World Championships
- 2007: 19th at World Championships
- 2006: U.S. Junior National PGS Champion
- 2005: 1st at USASA Nationals SBX
- 2005: 1st at Jackson Hole Evolution Tour SBX
Raised in Bristol Bay, way out into what Alaskans call the ''bush'' - some 400 air miles from Anchorage and accessible only by air or boat, Callan Chythlook-Sifsof is a Yupik/Inupiaq Eskimo, who after earning a spot on the U.S. C Team in '06, jumped directly to the A Team in '07 after winning the Visa U.S. Snowboardcross Championships and taking third in the first World Cup of her career.
After a huge progression during the 2008 season, Chythlook-Sifsof had to take a seat during 2009 when she was injured at the first World Cup of the season. But, with a year to build herself back up, Chythlook-Sifsof is looking strong and poised to be one of the tough competitors on the World Cup SBX circuit.
''When I lived out in rural Alaska, my brother and I would just mess around on snowboards on a small hill near the house,'' says Callan. A few years and competitions later, she's positioning herself well for serious contention in the 2010 Winter Olympics.
Leaning toward Dartmouth College and planning to study flight and aeronautics with the intent of someday becoming an astronaut...When it comes to scholastics, Callan digs math and science - "however, lately, I have enjoyed some of the philosophical discussions in humanities"...