Bobsled & Skeleton
Height: 5'3" Weight: 135 lbs
Follow her on Twitter @_caitlincarter_
Caitlin Carter took the 2011 combine in McKinney, Texas and scored high enough to receive an invitation to a driving school in Lake Placid, N.Y. "I honestly didn't even know what skeleton was when I checked the box indicating my interest," Carter said. Caitlin's original interest was in becoming a bobsled athlete, but her size was better suited for the sport of skeleton. She said she was nervous before her first trip down the track, but that she couldn't stop smiling. "I crossed the finish line and I knew I wanted to do it again," Carter said. "It was like nothing I had ever done before."
Carter participated in volleyball and track and field while in high school and started to compete in Olympic weightlifting while in college. She placed as high as fourth place nationally, and her strength was as asset while playing women's professional football in Dallas, Texas.
Carter has a B.S. in Psychology and a B.S. in Criminal Justice from Northern Arizona University, and received her M.S. in Exercise and Sport Science from Texas Tech University.
- Her favorite animal is the tiger.
- 2015-2016 North American Cup - 4th in Calgary #1 (11/15); 4th in Calgary #2 (11/15)
- 2014-2015 North American Cup - 5th in Park City #1 (11/14); 8th in Park City #2 (11/14); 5th in Calgary #1 (11/14); 5th in Calgary #2 (11/14); 5th in Whistler #1 (1/15); 5th in Whistler #2; 5th in Calgary #1 (1/15); SILVER in Calgary #2 (1/15)
- 2013 National Championships - 5th in Lake Placid (3/13)
- 2012-2013 North American Cup
-9th in Whistler #2 (12/12), 4th in Lake Placid #1 (3/13), 5th in Lake Placid #2 (3/13)
More Stories ›