Hometown:: Armore, Okla
Birth Date: Aug 11, 1989
College/Major/Grad Year: University of Central Oklahoma
- Olympic medalist (Silver 2012)
- Gold medal at the 2012 Volleyball Masters in The Netherlands
MAJOR INTERNATIONAL COMPETITION:
2012 - Paralympic Games (Silver Medal), Volleyball Masters (Gold Medal), Shanghai Exhibition Tournament, Netherlands Exhibition Tournament
2011 - Parapan American Zonal Championship in Sao Paulo, Brazil (Gold Medal), ECVD Continental Cup in Yevpatoria, Ukraine (Gold Medal), Shanghai Exhibition Tournament
2010 - WOVD Sitting Volleyball World Championships (Silver Medal).
Did You Know
- Helped the U.S. team in the 2012 the London Paralympics, and scored 31 points on 23 kills, six blocks and two aces. Best match was semifinals against Ukraine where she scored nine points on five kills and four blocks
- She used to be all-state softball player, and did play track and basketball before she started sitting volleyball.
- Her favorite professional teams are the Oklahoma City Thunder and the Los Angeles Lakers.
The Big Blurb
“She is such an inspiration", Ertl said. "I tell my patients they can overcome anything and she has. She is a great patient, a great athlete and a great role model". “Just don’t let it get you down,” Burkland advises. “There’s so much ahead of you and you can do anything you want. You just might have to do it in a different way.”
More Stories ›