Hometown/ Current residence: Ardmore, Okla/ Oklahoma City, Okla.
Birth Date: Aug 11, 1989
College: University of Central Oklahoma
Nature of disability: Below the knee amputee, left leg
Joined the team: 2010
- 2015 USA Volleyball Female Sitting Team Player of the Year
- 2012 Paralympic silver medalist
- 2014 World Championship silver medalist
- Gold medal at the 2012 Volleyball Masters
MAJOR INTERNATIONAL COMPETITION:
2015 - Parapan American Games (Silver)
2014 - ParaVolley World Championships (Silver)
2012 - Paralympic Games in London (Silver Medal); Volleyball Masters (Gold Medal), Shanghai Exhibition Tournament, Netherlands Exhibition Tournament
2011 - Parapan American Zonal Championship (Gold); ECVD Continental Cup (Gold); Shanghai Exhibition Tournament
2010 - WOVD Sitting Volleyball World Championships (Silver)
DID YOU KNOW
- Helped the U.S. team in the 2012 the London Paralympics, and scored 31 points on 23 kills, six blocks and two aces. Best match was semifinals against Ukraine where she scored nine points on five kills and four blocks
- She used to be all-state softball player, and did play track and basketball before she started sitting volleyball
- She became an amputee after her foot was smashed between two forklifts during an accident at work
- Monique most admires her grandparents because, "they are very strong and caring people who would do anything for their family. They have been my No. 1 supporters since day one."
- Her favorite professional teams are the Oklahoma City Thunder and the Los Angeles Lakers.
More Stories ›