Birthplace: Louisville, Ky.
Residence: Gainesville, Fla.
High School: Sacred Heart Academy '04
College: Florida '08
College Major: Sociology
Coached By: Gregg Troy
Club: Lakeside Swim Team (LAK-KY)
- Olympic Games: 2008: Bronze in 800m FR-R
- World Champs History: Swam prelims for the gold medal-winning 800m free-relay team at the 2005 World Championships...narrowly missed the podium, finishing fourth in the 200m free at the WC Trials
- Pan Ams History: 2007: Gold, 800m FR
- U.S. Nationals History: 2007: 5th, 400m FR
- NCAA History: 2007 (Jr): 2, 500y FR; 4, 400y MR-R; 5, 200y FR; 6, 400y FR-R; 8, 800y FR-R
- 2006 World Rankings: 85th, 400m free; 32nd, 800m free
- 2005 World Rankings: 80th, 100m free; 28th, 200m free; 37th, 400m free; 34th, 800m free
- NCAA Women's D1 Championships: 2008: Gold, 500y FR; Gold, 200y FR
Former USO holder in 800y FR-R, set at 2005 SEC Championships...former NAG (17-18) holder in 200y FR, set at 2005 SEC Championships...former NAG (17-18) holder in 200m MED-R, set at 2003 KY 25th Annual Seahawk Closed Invitational.
- National Teams: 2005 National A Team
- Collegiate: 800y Free-Relay NCAA/SEC record-holder
- Parents: Chris and Jill...parents own three swim and fitness clubs in Louisville, Ky....Chris swam for the University of Louisville, and Jill played tennis for the University of Santa Barbara and the University of Indiana
- Sibling(s): Younger brother (Clark) is a swimmer who qualified for the 2008 Olympic Trials...younger brother (Collin)
- Sports Played Before Swimming: Tennis, soccer, cross country
- Nickname(s): "Burcks," "Caro," "Mouth"...nicknamed "Mouth" from coach because "I laugh and talk a lot, and my mouth gets really huge when I do it."
- Hobbies Outside the Pool: Shopping, music, hanging out with friends, makeup and jewelry
- Ultimate Way to Relax: Laying out in the sun, relaxing on the couch while watching television
- Most Influential Person: Mother..."She has taught me a lot about people and ways to live and have fun."
- Training Stats: Swims 15,000 meters/yards per day, four hours a day, six days a week