While the 2008 Paralympic Games were not the first for Robin Brueckmann, they were for her horse, Radetzky, a 2001 Trakehner gelding that she trained for more than two years in preparation for the Games. In Beijing, Brueckmann competed in the team test (grade IV), individual championship test (grade IV) and the individual freestyle test (grade IV), the same three events she participated in at the 2000 Games in Sydney.
Brueckmann acquired reflex sympathetic dystrophy in her right leg as a result of a fall on ice and subsequently developed paralysis there, as well. A lifelong rider, she now had to adjust to riding without stirrups. Concentrating on dressage since 1979, Brueckmann trains her own horses.
When Brueckmann is not riding, she enjoys yoga, gardening and singing.
- 2010: U.S. Team member – Alltech World Equestrian Games, Lexington, Ky.
- 2008: U.S. Paralympic Team member, Equestrian - Beijing, China
- 2007: NCDCTA Grand Prix Horse of the Year, Richmond
- 2007: USEF National Horse of the Year Training Level, Radetzky
- 2005: Grand Champion Dressage horse for USEF
- 2004: Alternate for U.S. Paralympic Team - Paralympic Games, Athens, Greece
- 2000: Sixth place (Team) - Paralympic Games, Sydney, Australia