Name: Joe Brinson
Sport: Wheelchair Fencing
Current Residence: Florence, Miss.
- 2012 Paralympic Games
- 2012 U.S. Fencing National Wheelchair Championship, gold medal (saber), silver medal (epee)
- 2012 March North American Cup, bronze medal (saber)
- 2011 Wheelchair World Team member
- 2011 Parapan American Games, silver medal (foil), bronze medal (epee)
- 2011 U.S. Fencing National Wheelchair Championship, bronze medal (epee, saber)
Facts: After a car accident at age 17 left Brinson paralyzed, the former multi-sport high school athlete turned his attention to sled hockey before being reruited to compete in wheelchair fencing in 2006... Within just five years, Brinson qualified for his first World Championship Team... His specialty is the saber.
US Wheelchair Fencing