Current Residence: Oklahoma City, Okla.
Event/Discipline: Canoe Sprint, K-2 1000m
School: Oklahoma City University
Club: Oklahoma City University
- 2011 US Senior Sprint World Championships Team Member
- 2-time Under-23 Team Member (2010-2011)
- 3-time Junior National Team Member (2007-2009)
- 5-time individual National Champion
- Greg Barton Trophy: 2009 K-1 1000m Junior National Champion
- 2011 World Championships in Szeged, Hungary: 7th in K2 500m B Final, 9th in K1 200m semifinals, 8th in K2 1000m heats
- 2011 National Team Trials: 3rd in K-2 1000m, 5th in K-2 200m, 7th in K-1 1000m, 7th in K-1 200m
- 2011 Lake Placid International Regatta: 1st in K-2 1000m, 2nd in K-2 200m, 3rd in K-1 1000m
- Job: Barista at Cuppies & Joe
- Hobbies: reading, coffee, fly fishing, working out, and spending time with friends
- Quote: "God made me fast. And when I run, I feel his pleasure." - Erik Liddell
- How'd you get started: One day in August 2003, I happened to meet Alan Anderson, coach of the Gig Harbor Canoe/Kayak Racing Team, and he told me if I could balance a K1, he’d buy me lunch. I didn’t get lunch – in fact I am pretty sure I fell in 12 times that day – but I was hooked.
- Who's your mentor? I have many people who I admire and look up to, but a couple people who deserve special mention are Alan Anderson, Mark Gosney, and definitely my dad, Douglas Bond. Alan, because he was there for me for my first 7 years of kayaking, he inspired in me the love for this sport, as well as hundreds of other invaluable lessons for training and life. Mark, because he also instilled in me a love of kayaking, working hard, and racing. My dad, for so many reasons, but primarily, because he instilled in me a love of the Gospel.
- Trivia: I absolutely adore the musicals Phantom of the Opera and Les Miserables.
- Twitter: @kayakracerbond
- Website: http://cedricbond.us/
As a juvenile athlete Mr. Bond has successfully earned a berth on the 2007, 2008 & 2009 USA Canoe/Kayak Junior National Sprint Team. Thus, he has represented the USA at various events such as the Canada Day Regatta, Lake Placid Invitational and the Junior World Sprint Championships in the Czech Republic.