Name: Catherine Bouwkamp
Sport: Wheelchair Fencing
Current Residence: Fishers, Ind.
- 2012 USA Fencing National Championships, gold medal (Epee, Foil, Saber)
- 2012 March North American Cup, gold medal (Saber, Foil)
- 2012 Montreal Wheelchair Championship, bronze medal (Saber)
- 2011 Parapan American Games, gold medal (Foil), silver medal (Epee)
- 2011 USA Fencing National Championships, gold medal (Epee, Foil, Saber)
- 2011 North American Cup, gold medal (Epee, Foil)
- 2011 Malaga World Cup, tenth place (Epee)
- 2010 North American Cup, gold medal (Epee, Foil, Saber)
- 2010 Montreal Wheelchair Championship, bronze medal (Saber)
- 2010 Wheelchair World Championship, sixth place (Saber)
- 2009 Warsaw Wheelchair World Cup, bronze medal (Saber)
Facts: Daughter of Janet and Alan Bouwkamp... Currently a junior at Fishers High School... Began fencing at age 9 as a right-handed fencer and switched to left hand in the first year... Volunteers working with disabled persons through the Rehabilitation Hospital of Indiana and with underprivileged children in inner-city Cincinnati through her church... The same year she transitioned from able-boded to wheelchair fencing in 2009, she won a bronze medal at her first international competition in Warsaw, Poland at the age of 13... Top-ranked female wheelchair fencer in all three blades of fencing: foil, epee, and saber... Was one of the first U.S. athletes to qualify for the 2012 Paralympic Games in London.
US Wheelchair Fencing