Michael Blabac was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis at the age of 27 and then learned about sled hockey from a friend at the MS Society. He soon got involved with the sport and has never looked back. Blabac is currently one of two goalies on Team USA’s roster.
Blabac currently plays on the Buffalo Sabres Sled Hockey Team. His most memorable competition moment came at last year’s IPC Ice Sledge Hockey World Championships in Marlborough, Mass, where he and the U.S. team won a bronze medal. Blabac was also a member of the gold medal U.S. Paralympics Sled Hockey National Team. When not on the ice, Blabac can be found on the links, as he is an avid golfer.
- 2010: Gold medal – Paralympic Games, Vancouver, Canada
- 2009: Paralympic team of the year
- 2009: Gold medal – World Championships, Czech Republic
- 2008: Bronze medal - IPC Ice Sledge Hockey World Championships, Marlborough, Mass.
- 2006: Member of U.S. Paralympics Sled Hockey National Team