Blauwet began racing in ninth grade after being recruited by her local high school track coach. After high school, she attended the University of Arizona where she received a degree in molecular biology and was a member of the university's Wheelchair Track and Road Racing Team.
A three-time Paralympian, Blauwet has seven career Paralympic Games medals. Although she did not medal in Bejiing, she came close on a number of races.
Blauwet is now a fifth year medical student at Stanford University with plans to specialize in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (PM&R) and to use her role as a physician to promote opportunities for physical activity, personal empowerment, and disability rights at a global level. She took a break from her medical studies in 2008 to race full time in preparation for Beijing, under sponsorship by Visa USA, Nike, and The Hartford.
For more about Cheri, check out her Web site by visiting
- 2008: U.S. Paralympic Team member, Track & Field - Paralympic Games, Beijing, China
- 2008: Winner - Los Angeles Marathon
- 2005: Winner - Boston Marathon
- 2005: ESPY Award Nominee
- 2004: Gold medal 800m; bronze medal, 5,000m and Marathon - 2004 Paralympic Games, Athens, Greece
- 2004: Winner - Boston Marathon
- 2004: Winner - Los Angeles Marathon
- 2004: ESPY Award Nominee
- 2003: Winner - New York City Marathon (set new course record)
- 2003: Winner - Los Angeles Marathon
- 2003: Women's Sports Foundation "2003 Sportswoman of the Year" Nominee
- 2002: Winner - New York City Marathon
- 2002: USA Today Academic All-American Team
- 2000: Silver medal, 100m; bronze medal, 200m, 400m and 800m - Paralympic Games, Sydney, Australia