Track and Field
Adam Bleakney was on the U.S. Paralympic Track and Field Team in Sydney and Athens, and won a silver medal in the 800m in Athens. He's won the Chicago Marathon, Nashville Marathon, Indianapolis Mini-Marathon and finished in the top three at a number of other road races. In September 2008, Bleakney competed in four races at his third Paralympic Games in Beijing, China.
After graduating from community college, Bleakney transferred to the University of Illinois and began training under the legendary Marty Morse. He completed both undergraduate and graduate degrees at Illinois, moved away for three years to Atlanta, and then returned to take over the head coaching position after Morse retired.
- 2008: U.S. Paralympic Team member, Track & Field - Paralympic Games, Beijing, China
- 2006: IPC World Championships, Assen, Holland
- 2006: First place - Indianapolis Mini-Marathon
- 2005: First place - Nashville Marathon
- 2004: Silver medal, 800m - Paralympic Games, Athens, Greece
- 2004: Second place - Chicago Marathon
- 2003: Fifth place - Columbus Marathon,
- 2003: First place, 400m - Swiss National Championships
- 2003: Sixth place - Boston Marathon
- 2002: First place - Chicago Marathon
- 2002: Second place - Columbus Marathon
- 2002: Member of U.S. World Championship team, Lille, France
More Stories ›