EVENT - BOBSLED
HEIGHT 6'5" WEIGHT 228 lbs
Chuck Berkeley began the sport of bobsled in 2007. He first became interested in the sport while at Cal-Berkeley where he saw Darrin Steele training with coach Ed Miller for the 1998 Olympic Games. He joined the World Cup team in his first season and placed 16th at World Championships in two-man with driver John Napier.
Berkeley competed in the 2010 Olympic Games with Napier before taking some time off from the sport. Berkeley returned to the World Cup circuit the 2012-2013 season, and helped push Cory Butner to his first World Cup medal, silver, in his return to competition.
Berkeley holds a B.A. in American Studies from UC Berkeley. Outside of bobsledding, Berkeley works as a sales representative for Stryker Corporation. He enjoys spending time with his daughters, Amaya and Jasenia and invests time working on his 1973 Vette and "dropping beats" in his home studio. His role model is his father, Chuck Sr., and his favorite movies are "Shawshank Redemption" and "Dumb and Dumber."
Follow Berkeley on Twitter @chuckberkeley.
- 2010 Olympic Winter Games
- 2012-2013 World Cup as brakeman for Cory Butner in two-man
-SILVER in Lake Placid (11/12), SILVER in Park City (11/12)
- 2012-2013 World Cup as push athlete for Cory Butner in four-man
-20th in Lake Placid (11/12), 14th in Park City (11/12)
- 2011-2012 America's Cup in two-man as brakeman for Cory Butner
-BRONZE in Park City #1 (11/11), BRONZE in Park City #2 (11/11)
- 2011-2012 America's Cup as push athlete for Cory Butner in the four-man
-GOLD in Park City #1 (11/11)
- 2009-2010 World Cup as push athlete for Todd Hays and John Napier in the four-man
-6th in Park City (11/09), 5th in Winterberg (12/09), 10th in Altenberg (12/09), BRONZE in Konigssee (1/10), 11th in St. Moritz (1/10), 13th in Igls (1/10)
- 2009-2010 World Cup as brakeman for John Napier in the two-man
-GOLD in Lake Placid (11/09), 10th in Altenberg (12/09), 11th in Konigssee (1/10),
- 2009-2010 America's Cup as push athlete for Todd Hays in the four-man
- GOLD in Park City #2 (12/09), GOLD in Park City #3 (12/09),
- 3rd at 2009 U.S. Bobsled Push Championships
- 2008-2009 World Cup as brakeman for Todd Hays in the two-man
-5th in Konigssee (1/09), 13th in St. Moritz (1/09), 16th in Whistler (2/09)
- 2007-2008 World Cup as a push athlete in the four-man
-17th in Calgary (12/07)
-18th in World Championships in Altenberg, Germany (2/08)
- 2007-2008 results World Cup as a brakeman in the two-man
-26th in Calgary (11/07), 23rd in Park City (12/07), 21st in Lake Placid (12/07), 13th in St. Moritz (12/07), 4th in Cortina/Winterberg (1/08), 20th in Konigssee (2/08), 21st in Winterberg (2/08),
-16th in World Championships in Altenberg, Germany (2/08)