Ski and Snowboard
EVENT - SNOWBOARDCROSS
HEIGHT 6' WEIGHT 205 lbs
- 2014 Olympic Winter Games, 25th place in men's snowboardcross
- 2010 Olympic Winter Games, 20th place in men's snowboardcross
- 2009 World Championship, bronze (SBX)
- 2008 Visa U.S. SBX champion
- 2008 First World Cup win (Lake Placid, N.Y.)
- 2007 U.S. SBX champion
- 2007 2nd at World Cup Finals
- 2007 3rd at Copper Mountain Revolution Tour
- 2004 1st in SBX at USASA nationals
- 2004 1st at U.S. Extreme Boarderfest
Birthplace: Iron River, Mich.
School: West Iron County High School
All-American wrestler, 2000 State Champ (189 pounds), state champion hurdler and All-State football player are a glance into the athletic accomplishments of Nick Baumgartner. His rise in SBX started in 2004 when he won the USASA Nationals and U.S. Extreme Boarderfest, yet
he blasted onto the scene in 2007 after winning the VISA U.S. Snowboardcross Championships at Tamarack Resort, Idaho.
Baumgartner had another standout season in 2009, only this time it involved a higher caliber of hardware. His World Championship bronze medal was the highlight of an awesome season that included five World Cup top-10 finishes, the final two of which landed him on the podium
in second. To cap it all off Baumgartner finished third in the SBX overall World Cup standings.
Like most growing up in the frozen tundra of Northern Michigan, snow found Baumgartner and he's done (and does) pretty much everything there is to do with the fluff, snowboarding just came along like the newspaper - daily.
A good father to my son, Landon. Enjoys demolition derbies, football, beach volleyball, mountain boarding, mountain biking, golfing, softball and wakeboarding.
More Stories ›