Event/Discipline: Canoe Sprint, Kayak
- Four-time Olympic Medalist - the most decorated U.S. Olympic Canoe/Kayak athlete
- Los Angeles 1984 Olympic Games: BRONZE in K1 1000m
- Seoul 1988 Olympic Games: GOLD in K1 1000m and GOLD in K2 1000m with Norm Bellingham
- Barcelona 1992 Olympic Games: BRONZE in K1 1000m
- 2 gold medals in 1987 World Championships
- Gold medal in the 1985 World Championships
Trivia: When Greg was a young boy he had to endure many painful surgeries as a result of being born with “club feet”. Because of his problems with his feet, his doctors didn’t think he would be able to do much physical activities.