Sport: Figure Skating
Discipline: Ice Dance
Training Town: Ann Arbor, Mich.
College: University of Michigan
- 2014 Olympic Winter Games, 8th in ice dance (w/Madison Chock)
- 2010 Olympic Winter Games, 11th in ice dance (w/ Emily Samuelson)
- 2013 World Championships, 7th place (w/ Madison Chock)
- 2013 Four Continents, bronze medalist (w/ Chock)
- 2013 U.S. silver medalist (w/ Chock)
- 2012 Nebelhorn Trophy, gold medalist (w/ Chock)
- 2011 Finlandia Trophy, bronze medalist (w/ Chock)
- 2009 U.S. silver medalist (w/ Samuelson)
- 2009 Four Continents, bronze medalist (w/ Samuelson)
- 2008 NHK Trophy, bronze medalist (w/ Samuelson)
- 2008 World junior champion (w/ Samuelson)
- 2007 U.S. junior champion (w/ Samuelson)
Fun Facts: Grandfather played basketball for Michigan State and won two gold medals at the Senior Olympics ... Enjoys golf, basketball and playing guitar ... Favorite books are the Game of Thrones series by George R. R. Martin
Meet The 2016 U.S. Figure Skating World Team
Brandon Penny Jan. 25, 2016
Sixteen athletes earned spots to compete at the world championships in Boston.
It’s Their Time: Maia and Alex Shibutani Win First U.S. Ice Dance Title
Chrös McDougall Jan. 23, 2016
The “Shib Sibs” had won five U.S. medals before finally winning gold this year.
Defending Ice Dance Champs Chock And Bates Start Strong At Nationals
Chrös McDougall Jan. 22, 2016
Five-time U.S. medalists Maia and Alex Shibutani are close behind in second.
Who To Watch At The U.S. Figure Skating Championships
Lynn Rutherford Jan. 19, 2016
The women’s and ice dance competitions are expected to come down to the wire.
Team USA Athletes Share Some Of Their Little-Known Hobbies
Lisa Costantini Jan. 12, 2016
From military books to sewing clothes, see what pastimes these 15 Olympic and Paralympic athletes are into.
The 15 Best Photos Of Team USA Celebrating Victory In 2015
Dec. 22, 2015
These photos of pure joy and elation are sure to make your day.
Madison Chock And Evan Bates Earn Grand Prix Final Silver For Second Year
U.S. Figure Skating Dec. 13, 2015
Maia and Alex Shibutani were fourth in ice dance, while Ashley Wagner and Gracie Gold were fourth and fifth.
Team USA Qualifies Highest Number Of Figure Skaters To Grand Prix Final In 6 Years
Brandon Penny Nov. 29, 2015
The U.S. leads all countries with six entries in the final.
Max Aaron Wins U.S. Men’s First Skate America Gold In Six Years
Brandon Penny Oct. 25, 2015
U.S. skaters kicked off the grand prix season with four medals and eight top-five finishes.
Vote On Team USA's Best Of April
May 01, 2015
See which athletes made Team USA's Best of April nominations and vote on your favorites.