Event/Discipline: Canoe Sprint, K1-500m
Hometown: Hoschton, Ga.
Current residence: Hoschton, Ga.
College/school: Quantum University
Club/team: Lanier Canoe & Kayak Club
- 2009 U.S. Junior World Championship Team Member (K-4)
- 2010 U.S. Dragon Boat Team Member
- 2011 U.S. Under-23 Team Member
- Won the U-23 K1 500m at USA National Team Trials
- Won two silver medals at the International Ruhrregatta in Bochum Germany for Senior Women’s K4 200m & 500m in 2012.
- Won a bronze medal for Senior women’s K1 1000m Silver medal for Senior Women’s K1 200m and a Silver medal for Senior K4 200m at the Magdeburger Kanuregatta in Magdeburg Germany 2012.
- Won the Senior women’s 500m K4 at US Nationals in 2012 with a Bronze in Senior Women’s K2 500m &1000m.
Job: Masters kayak coach
Hobbies: SUP boarding, Photography
Favorite quote: The obstacle in front of you is never greater than the power within you.
How’d you get started? Through the middle school program my club offers. My mother signed me up for the spring season and I was hooked the first day. I have been doing it ever sense.
Who’s your hero? My mother, she’s just such a strong women, I really look up to her, she’s the major reason I do what I do and have gotten this far. She has taught me to always give my best, work hard and to never do anything half way. She raised me to be confident and never give up that anything is attainable. For that I will always thank her.
Trivia: I absolutely love animals, I’m super outdoorsy and I guess you could say a bit of a tom boy.
More Stories ›