Discipline: 10-kilometer open water swim
College: USC '13, Communications
- 2012 Olympic Games, silver (10k marathon swim)
- 2015 FINA World Championships, 9th (10-kilometer); Qualified for 2016 Olympics
- 2015 FINA World Championships, gold (open water 5-kilometer)
- 2014 Pan Pacific Championships, Maui, Hawaii, gold (open water 5-kilometer)
- 2013 FINA World Championships, Barcelona, Spain, gold (open water 5-kilometer)
- 2011 World University Games, 1st (1500-meter freestyle), 2nd 800-meter freestyle
- 2011 ConocoPhillips National Championships, 2nd (800-meter freestyle), 7th (400-meter individual medley), 8th (400-meter freestyle)
- 2010 CP National Championships, 3rd (800-meter freestyle)
- 2009 FINA World Championships, 9th (1500-meter freestyle)
Sister, Alyssa, also swims for the 2012 Olympic team ... Has one dog named Baxter, who is a yellow lab and cocker spaniel mix ... Enjoys spending her time reading and watching TV
Open Water Swimmer Haley Anderson Takes World Cup Silver As Rio Approaches
Craig Bohnert June 18, 2016
The reigning Olympic silver medalist is coming into form for her second Olympic Games.
Team USA Celebrates 100-Day Countdown To Rio By Taking Over Times Square
Lynn Rutherford April 27, 2016
Some 85 Olympians and Paralympians celebrated the milestone in New York City.
U.S. Olympic Committee And Polo Ralph Lauren Unveil Closing Ceremony Uniforms For 2016 U.S. Olympic And Paralympic Teams
United States Olympic Committee April 27, 2016
Olympians Haley Anderson, Jordan Burroughs and Ryan Lochte debuted the outfits on NBC’s Today Show.
Meet The First 100 Members Of The 2016 U.S. Olympic Team
April 24, 2016
From boxers to wrestlers, these athletes were the first to punch their tickets to Rio.
15 U.S. Athletes Who Qualified For The Rio Olympics In 2015
Stuart Lieberman Dec. 31, 2015
15 athletes (and an additional one, provisionally) have already qualified for the team that's expected to exceed 500.
Missy Franklin Wins Two U.S. Titles At Winter Nationals
Dave Dyer Dec. 06, 2015
Phelps won his third title of the meet, a Youth Olympian shined and an age-group record was broken.
My Focus: Haley Anderson
Nov. 17, 2015
Go behind the scenes with open water swimmer Haley Anderson at the U.S. Olympic Training Center.
Red, White & Trending: Nov. 6-12
Jamie MacDonald Nov. 13, 2015
The Lolo Effect takes Olympic swimmers' hair to a new level, Angela Ruggiero shows off her new HOF bling, sneak peek of a Rio venue, a shooting star in the making and Oksana Masters' inspiring story seen through her own eyes.
Meet The 2016 U.S. Olympic Team (So Far)
Doug Williams Aug. 11, 2015
Seven athletes have already qualified for Team USA. Now, there’s just 500 more to go.
These Athletes Qualified For #Rio2016 And Twitter Loved It
Aug. 05, 2015
See what social media reactions ensued as athletes and teams qualified for the 2016 Olympic Games.
More Stories ›