Track and Field
Competing in his third Paralympic Games, Danny Andrews finished just out of medal contention in Bejiing. After winning three gold medals in at the 2004 Games in Athens, Andrews narrowly missed a bronze medal in both of his races, the men's 200m T44 and 400m T44.
A year and a half after Andrews had his leg amputated he made his comeback to the soccer field. As a sophomore in high school, he played goalie for the junior varsity team, and then competed at the varsity level his junior and senior year.
Andrews became serious about track and field during his senior of high school when he competed in the 800-meter run, 4x800 relay and 4x400 relay for his high school track team. He later competed in the 400 and 800 for the University of Miami (Fla.), where he was featured on a segment of HBO Sports.
Andrews is currently a professional athlete and graduate student. He enjoys reading, watching movies and playing with his dog.
- 2008: U.S. Paralympic Team member, Track & Field - Paralympic Games, Beijing, China
- 2006: U.S. Paralympics Track & Field National Championships, Atlanta, Ga.
- 2005: U.S. Paralympics Track & Field National Championships, Atlanta, Ga.
- 2004: Gold medal, 4x100m relay, 400m - 2004 Paralympic Games, Athens, Greece
- 2002: Gold medal, 400m - IPC Athletics World Championships, Lille, France
- 2003: Gold medal, 800m, 4x100m relay - IPC Athletics World Championships
- 2003: First place, 400m and 800m - DS/USA's International Challenge
- 2000: Gold medal, 800m - Sydney Paralympic Games, Sydney, Australia
More Stories ›