Bobsled & Skeleton
Height: 5'7" Weight: 167 lbs
Follow her on Twitter @momosaidit
Maureen Ajoku learned about the sport of bobsled in 2012 from current competitor Dakaria Kongela. Ajoku thought the sport was crazy when she took her first ride down the track. "I think I was more happy and relieved that I came out alive than anything else," Ajoku said.
Ajoku holds a B.A. in Sociology with a minor in Education in Applied Psychology from Santa Barbara, where she competed in jumps and heptathlon. She had a standout senior year with improvements in nearly every event, including a personal best long jump of 5.94 meters.
Ajoku's parents, Julius and Nnenna, were born in Nigeria and came to America in their early 20s. She is one of three daughters, and is an avid sports fan. Ajoku's favorite quote is: "The will of God will never take you where the grace of God will not protect you."
- Raiders fan
- Double jointed shoulders
- Her Nigerian name 'Ijeoma' means good journey
- 2015-2016 North American Cup - 10th in Calgary #1 (11/15); DSQ with pilot Kristi Koplin in Park City #1 (2/16); 4th with pilot Kristi Koplin in Park City #2 (2/16)
- 2014-2015 North American Cup - DNF in Lake Placid #2 (1/15); 8th in Lake Placid #1 (1/15)
- 2012-2013 North American Cup as brakeman for Megan Hill -BRONZE in Park City #2 (11/12), SILVER in Calgary #2 (12/12), BRONZE in Calgary #3 (12/12)
- 2012-2013 European Cup as brakeman for Megan Hill -12th in Igls #1 (11/12)
More Stories ›