Discipline: 4x100-meter freestyle, 4x100-meter medley, 100-meter freestyle, 50-meter freestyle
Birthplace: Bremerton, Wash.
Hometown: Bremerton, Wash.
High School: Bremerton High School (Bremerton, Wash.) '06
College: University of California, Berkeley '12
- Two-time Olympian (2008, 2012); four-time Olympic medalist (3 golds, 1 silver)
- 2012 Olympic Games, gold (100-meter freestyle, 4x100-meter medley), silver (4x100-meter freestyle)
- 2008 Olympic Games, gold (4x100-meter freestyle)
- 2011 World Championships, gold (4x100-meter medley), bronze (4x100-meter freestyle)
- 2010 Pan Pacific Championships, gold (50-meter freestyle, 100-meter freestyle, 4x100-meter freestyle, 4x100-meter medley)
- 2008 World Championships, gold (100-meter freestyle, 4x100-meter freestyle), silver (4x100-meter medley)
Fun Facts: Nathan completed his undergraduate studies in 2010 in the pre-med field ... His older sister and brother both swam competitively ... His future aspiration is to become a doctor
Defending Olympic Champions Hoping To Shine Again In Rio
Peggy Shinn Aug. 20, 2015
From Phelps to the women’s soccer team, scores of defending Olympic gold medalists are on the Road to Rio.
Team USA Tops Medal Count At Swimming World Championships
USA Swimming Aug. 09, 2015
U.S. swimmers earn five medals on the final night of competition to end the event with 23 overall.
Katie Ledecky Wins Fifth Gold Medal, Sets Another World Record
Associated Press Aug. 08, 2015
The teenager is first swimmer to sweep 200-, 400-, 800-, 1,500-meter freestyle races at a single worlds.
U.S. Swimmers Add Three Silver Medals To Worlds Total
USA Swimming Aug. 07, 2015
Micah Lawrence, Kevin Cordes and the men's 4x200-meter freestyle team each earned hardware.
Ryan Lochte Wins Fourth Straight 200 IM Title At Worlds
Associated Press Aug. 06, 2015
Lochte becomes the first man ever to win the 200-meter individual medley four consecutive times.
Team USA Athletes Share Words Of Wisdom From Their Dads
Lisa Costantini June 19, 2015
Olympic and Paralympic athletes share the best advice that has been passed down from their fathers.
On The Lighter Side: April 13-19
Jamie MacDonald April 20, 2015
Swimming selfies, dancing with swimmies, handstanding with NFLers, a gymnastics champion retires and more.
Nathan Adrian Knows What It Takes To Stay On Top
Phil Ervin Nov. 24, 2014
The swimmer is aiming to add to his four Olympic medals in 2016
College Football Pick'em: UCLA-Cal
Jamie MacDonald Oct. 17, 2014
Adrian, Mathewson, Peszek, Mann weigh in on the West Coast rivalry
Nathan Adrian: Behind The Scenes Episode 1
Aug. 12, 2014
Watch Nathan Adrian prepare for the 100-meter freestyle at the U.S. championships
More Stories ›