- Three-time Olympian (2008, 2012, 2016); Eight-time Olympic medalist (5 golds, 1 silver, 2 bronze)
- Rio 2016 Olympic Games, gold (4x100m IM Relay, 4x100m free); bronze (100m free, 50m free)
- London 2012 Olympic Games, gold (100m free, 4x100m medley); silver (4x100m free)
- Beijing 2008 Olympic Games, gold (4x100m free)
- Most recent: 2015 – gold (4x100m medley); silver (50m free); 7th (100m free)
- Years of participation: Long Course – 2009, 2011, 2013, 2015; Short Course – 2008
- Medals: 11 (6 golds, 3 silvers, 2 bronzes)
- Gold – 2008 (100m free, 4x100m free); 2009 (400m free, 4x100m medley); 2011 (4x100m medley); 2015 (4x100m medley)
- Silver – 2008 (4x100m medley); 2013 (4x100m free); 2015 (50m free)
- Bronze – 2011 (4x100m free); 2013 (100m free)
Team USA Wins Men’s 4x100-Meter Medley, Michael Phelps’ Last Career Race
Nicole Chrzanowski Aug. 13, 2016
The greatest Olympian of all time ends his career with 28 medals, 23 golds.
16 Years Later, Anthony Ervin Wins 50 Free Again; Becomes Oldest Individual Swimming Gold Medalist
Nick McCarvel Aug. 12, 2016
The 35-year-old was joined on the podium by teammate Nathan Adrian, who took bronze.
Nathan Adrian Wins His Sixth Olympic Medal: Bronze In 100 Free
Peggy Shinn Aug. 10, 2016
Though he did not defend his title, Adrian enters the top-10 most decorated swimmers list.
Michael Phelps Leads Team USA To 4x100-Meter Freestyle Gold
Karen Rosen Aug. 07, 2016
The five-time Olympian earned his 23rd Olympic medal, 19th gold.
Michael Phelps On Being Selected As Flag Bearer: “I Shed A Few Tears”
Nick McCarvel Aug. 03, 2016
The greatest Olympian of all time explains what the honor means to him.
Team USA Swimmers Burned The Midnight Oil At Training Camp In Preparation For The Olympic Games
Karen Rosen Aug. 02, 2016
Get an inside look into life at the U.S. Olympic Swimming Team's training camp.
15 Of The Best Photos From Swimming Olympic Team Trials
July 28, 2016
Relive the action-packed, week-long competition through photos.
U.S. Olympic Committee Announces 558-Member 2016 U.S. Olympic Team
United States Olympic Committee July 23, 2016
Team USA features 190 returning Olympians, 66 Olympic champions.
Red, White & Trending: July 15-21
Jamie MacDonald July 22, 2016
The worst of Team USA's procrastinating packers (you know who you are, Alex Morgan and Ashton Eaton), the best of the Olympic send-offs (candles, best dressed judokas, steak dinners for gymnasts and Jordan Burroughs' sartorial splendor), a legendary poolside pic, a look at Amy Purdy's 'tip toe dance feet,' broken bones and severed tendons and surgeries and sutures, John Orozco's emotional reaction to heartbreak, Sarah Hildebrandt's embrace to fame, Bubba Watson's wild up-and-down, Pokémon Go takes root in Team USA, National Ice Cream Day shenanigans and more.
Michael Phelps Wins His Last Race On U.S. Soil
Peggy Shinn July 02, 2016
Nathan Adrian and Anthony Ervin go 1-2 in 50 free.
More Stories ›