Bobsled and Skeleton
HEIGHT 6'0" WEIGHT 216 lbs
Adrian Adams said his first trip in a bobsled was a "thrill seeking experience." "I loved it," Adams said. "I was ready to immediately go again." He was introduced to the sport of bobsled by his father, a former bobsled athlete and world cup competing athlete, Randy Russell. His rookie season in the sport was 2012. He wishes he would have gotten in the sport a few years earlier.
He attended Reidsville High School from 2000-2004, where he was a free safety, wide receiver, kick returner and punt returner. Adrian won back to back state championships in 2002 and 2003. He was the defensive MVP of the 2003 championship game. Adrian was selected to the all-county, all-conference, all-region and 2A all-state teams. He received offers from Western Carolina, Kent State, Wofford, NC A&T State and Howard Unversity.
He attended NC A&T State University (invited walk-on) 2004-2007 and played for Coach George Small. He also played a year at North Carolina Tech (post grad/junior college (2008) under coach Tim Newman.
After graduation, Adrian played with the AFL 2 Huntington Hammer (UIFL)(2011) of the Indoor Football League.
- His father is a former bobsled athlete and spent time on world cup team.
- He enjoys playing miniature golf and riding four wheeler's .
- His favorite foods are pasta and pizza. Gainz!!!
- 2014-2015 World Cup in four-man for pilot Codie Bascue - 9th in Lake Placid (12/13)
- 2014-2015 North American Cup in four-man for pilot Elana Meyers Taylor - SILVER in Calgary #2 (11/23); BRONZE in Calgary #1 (11/23); 7th in Park City (11/15)
- 2012-2013 North American Cup as brakeman for Jay Noller and Colin Coughlin in two-man -8th in Park City #1 (11/12), 4th in Calgary #1 (11/12), 6th in Calgary #3 (11/12)
- 2012-2013 North American Cup as push athlete for Jay Noller in four-man -BRONZE in Park City #2 (11/12), 4th in Calgary #1 (11/12), BRONZE in Calgary #2 (11/12), 9th in Calgary #3 (12/12), 9th in Calgary #4 (12/12), DSQ in Calgary #5 (12/12)
More Stories ›