2016 FLAME Program
Commitment: June 5-12, 2016
Deadline to Apply: Sunday, February 21, 2016
U.S. Olympic Training Center
1 Olympic Plaza
Colorado Springs, CO 80909
Additional Information: FLAME@usoc.org
The U.S. Olympic Committee’s Finding Leaders Among Minorities Everywhere (FLAME) program provides diverse college and graduate-level students with a unique look into the world of elite sport. This eight-day program offers an exciting and rigorous curriculum designed to increase knowledge of the U.S. Olympic and Paralympic movements. Accepted students participate in personal and professional development workshops in preparation for a career in sports.
IGNITE PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Meet and network with U.S. Olympic Committee Executives.
- Learn about goal setting, leadership and self-motivation from U.S. Olympians and Paralympians.
- Engage in workshops on race, class, ability, gender and sexual orientation to foster inclusive, high-performing sport environments.
SPARK NEW ASPIRATIONS
- Live at the U.S. Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs, Colorado, and learn best practices from sports industry leaders.
- Enrich employment opportunities in sport through networking and career development workshops.
- Work with national sports organizations to develop business and inclusion strategies.
CATALYZE YOUR CAREER
- Enhance your personal brand, hone interviewing skills and develop compelling resumes.
- Learn about USOC internship opportunities in communications, marketing, digital media, sports medicine, strength and conditioning and more.
- Gain exclusive access to the FLAME Alumni Network.