U.S. Paralympics is partnering with community organizations from across the country to create a network of Paralympic Sport Clubs.
Paralympic Sport Clubs are community-based programs developed to involve youth and adults with physical and visual disabilities in sports and physical activity, regardless of skill level. All programs and activities will be based in the community and are run by the local organization.
With 21 million physically disabled Americans, including active-duty service members and veterans, this is an important community need.
U.S. Paralympics is committed to working with community organizations across the United States to ensure Paralympic Sport Clubs are operating in strategic locations in all 50 states. View a list of current clubs.
Paralympic Sport Club Overview
Benefits of being a Paralympic Sport Club
The Paralympic Sport Club program provides an excellent opportunity to connect your organization to new audiences, increase and sustain sport and physical activity opportunities in your community and raise the profile of Paralympic sport nationally.
In addition, there are a variety of specific benefits offered to Paralympic Sport Clubs including:
- A license to use the Paralympic Sport Club mark
- A prominent hyperlink from the U.S. Paralympics website, www.usparalympics.org, to the local organizations website
- Ability to post news releases and other promotional information on the U.S. Paralympics website and in other Paralympic communications tools, within parameters established by the USOC
- Eligibility to host a Paralympic Experience each calendar year in the local organizations region or community
- Access to the Paralympic Sport Club Tool Kit, which contains an apparel discount program and graphic templates such as electronic newsletters, posters, banners, recruitment cards, certificate of participation, tri-fold brochure, a Paralympic Experience Flyer and more
- Opportunity to post the local organizations organizational profile in the Paralympic Resource Network, an online database that lists Paralympic sport programs nationwide.
- Ability to post jobs on Team USA website as a part of the Paralympic / Olympic Family
- Receive a $500 stipend to assist with costs associated with hosting a Paralympic Experience
- Opportunities to apply for grants through the competitive Olympic Opportunity Fund to enhance and expand programming
- One tuition scholarship for a Paralympic Sport Club coach or executive, as selected by the local operator, to attend the USOC Paralympic Leadership Conference
- Subscription to the U.S. Paralympics e-newsletter, containing information about upcoming events, partner organizations and other Paralympic sport information
- Paralympic Sport Club technical support
- Access to a volunteer management and background check program through National Recreation and Parks Association
- Eligibility to nominate athletes and coaches for consideration by U.S. Paralympics to participate in each Paralympic Games Experience that may be held in conjunction with the Paralympic Games
- Consideration for annual award nominations such as the Amazing Leader and Amazing Sport Club awards
- Occasional national partner recognition and sponsorship at the local level.
After viewing the Paralympic Sport Club Overview for program information and eligibility requirements, applicants can fill out the form electronically and submit it by clicking the "Submit Form" button at the bottom of the last page. You may also print it out and fax it back to (719) 866-2029, Attn: Paralympic Sport Club Program.
For more information on how your organization can apply to become a Paralympic Sport Club, please contact Dan Schwieder.