The United States Olympic Committee has partnered with sport communities across the nation to help American youth receive the best sports development services possible. The USOC created the Community Olympic Development Program in 1998 to help address the needs of progressing athletes from the beginning stages of development to the elite level.
The goal of the CODP is to partner with National Governing Bodies and community groups to enhance high quality, intermediate sports programs for talented youth and maximize their potential in Olympic and Paralympic sports. In order to effectively train talented and motivated young athletes, the CODP works closely with community sports organizations to take young athletes from the beginner level and train them for progression to NGB elite programs.
There are currently 11 CODPs representing 19 NGBs: CODP Geographic Locations
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Atlanta | Atlanta, Ga.
- Central Cross-Country Ski Association | Verona, Wis.
- Easton Newberry Sports Complex | Newberry, Fla.
- EduSkating — Proud Nation | Hartford, Conn.
- Fencers Club | New York, N.Y.
- Moorestown Weightlifting Club | Moorestown, N.J.
- New England Nordic Ski Association | New Gloucester, Maine
- San Antonio Sports | San Antonio, Texas
- Springfield Greene County Parks and Recreation | Springfield, Mo.
- Utah Olympic Legacy Foundation | Park City, Utah
- World Sport Chicago | Chicago, Ill.