The United States Olympic Committee has partnered with sport communities across the nation to help America's youth receive the best sports development services possible. The USOC created the Community Olympic Development Program (CODP) in 1998 in order to address the needs of progressing athletes from the beginning stages of development to the elite level.
The mission of the CODP is to partner with National Governing Bodies and Community Sports Groups to enhance high quality intermediate sports programs for talented youth to maximize their potential in Olympic and Paralympic sports. In order to complete the mission of training talented and motivated young athletes, the CODP works closely with community sports organizations to take young athletes from the beginner level and train them for progression to NGB elite programs.
There are currently 11 CODPs representing 19 NGBs: CODP Geographic Locations
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Atlanta | Atlanta, Ga.
- Central Cross-Country Ski Association | Verona, Wis.
- Easton Newberry Sports Complex | Newberry, Fla.
- EduSkating — Proud Nation | Hartford, Conn.
- Fencers Club | New York, N.Y.
- Moorestown Weightlifting Club | Moorestown, N.J.
- New England Nordic Ski Association | New Gloucester, Maine
- San Antonio Sports | San Antonio, Texas
- Springfield Greene County Parks and Recreation | Springfield, Mo.
- Utah Olympic Legacy Foundation | Park City, Utah
- World Sport Chicago | Chicago, Ill.