Terms And Conditions
2015 OLYMPIC DAY HOSTING AGREEMENT
THE BELOW TERMS AND CONDITIONS CONSTITUTE A LEGAL AGREEMENT FOR YOUR HOSTING OF A 2015 OLYMPIC DAY EVENT.PLEASE READ THE BELOW TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE YOU CLICK THE “I ACCEPT” BUTTON BELOW. BY CLICKING THE “I ACCEPT” BUTTON, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND THAT YOU UNDERSTAND THEM, AND YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOU MAY NOT REGISTER TO HOST A 2015 OLYMPIC DAY EVENT.
- Olympic Day, a worldwide celebration of the Olympic Movement, is an International Olympic Committee (“IOC”) property. The IOC has recognized the United States Olympic Committee (the “USOC”) as the National Olympic Committee for the United States.
- Conducting an Olympic Day program or activity is a great way for local communities to showcase support for the Olympic Movement.
- The first step will be to determine your desired level of participation in Olympic Day:
- You may use USOC-supplied Olympic Day materials to hold an educational Olympic Day program at a school assembly or other community gathering, as described on the USOC’s website.
- You may feature an Olympian/Paralympian or Olympic/Paralympic hopeful at this educational program to speak about Olympic ideals and values.
- You may coordinate with a local community-based organization that is conducting an Olympic Day event (such as a 5k walk/run), host your own Olympic Day 5k walk/run, or conduct your own unique Olympic Day activities.
- You will also need to determine the proposed date and time of your Olympic Day celebration, which shall be no earlier than May 31, 2015 and no later than June 30, 2015. You will need to register your proposed Olympic Day plans using the USOC’s website.
- For proposed Olympic Day programs that are solely educational (and do not have any associated physical activities), you may proceed with your plans following registration on the USOC’s website.
- Should your proposed plans include physical activities; the USOC will contact you to further discuss the proposed plans if there are questions. Please note that you may not publicly promote your proposed Olympic Day plans until the USOC has approved those plans. The USOC will contact you within 2 weeks of registration if there are questions regarding your event. Upon that approval, we will send you a mailing with USOC-created collateral you may use for Olympic Day.
- You will be responsible for arranging for media coverage of your Olympic Day event.
- Please note that the IOC and the USOC may obtain one or more sponsor(s) for Olympic Day. While some Olympic Day materials provided by the USOC may bear such sponsors’ trademarks and logos, you may not contact any of such sponsors to underwrite or support your program/activity. Instead, the USOC will inform the Olympic Day sponsors as to the cities participating in Olympic Day, and will direct sponsors to those cities’ promotions in which the sponsor expresses interest.
- You may not sell sponsorships or other affiliations to Olympic Day, or otherwise create any commercial affiliation between Olympic Day and any third party.
- You may not use Olympic Day as a fundraiser of any kind.
- You may not create any Olympic Day merchandise, whether for sale or for give-away.
- You may use the USOC’s Emblem and the word mark “Olympic Day,” in the exact form provided by the USOC, solely on collateral materials promoting a USOC-approved Olympic Day event or program. You may not use these Olympic marks for any other purposes, including but not limited to, on clothing or other merchandise, or in connection with the advertising or promotion of any product, service or company. You may not use third party names or trademarks on any materials bearing these Olympic marks.
- You may not use any Olympic marks, images or terminology not specifically authorized by the USOC herein.
- By registering to host an Olympic Day program/event, you shall be solely liable for all costs and expenses associated with the planning and operation of the program/event, as well as all risks and liabilities associated therewith. The USOC disclaims any and all liabilities associated with your Olympic Day program/event, and will not be responsible for any claims incidental to or arising out of your program/event. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the USOC and its officers, directors, agents, employees and volunteers from any and all fines and penalties and any and all claims by, or liability to, any third party for loss, damage or injury to person or property that is based on or in any manner arises out of your Olympic Day program/event.
- By no later than July 15, you are asked to submit your event photos and any video from Olympic Day showing the provided flag, participants and VIPs, via email to OlympicDay@usoc.org. You hereby grant the USOC, the IOC and their licensees and assigns a royalty-free, non-exclusive right to use all submitted photos/videos for all noncommercial purposes on a worldwide basis in perpetuity (including the right to reproduce, publish, transmit, distribute, perform, disseminate and display such photos/videos without any restriction whatsoever, including in identical, modified or altered version and including in combination with other works), and you are solely responsible for obtaining all necessary or appropriate consents from persons appearing therein for such use.